Please click here to readÂ the Black Country and West Birmingham CCGs first stakeholder newsletter.
It goes without saying that this is a challenging time for local health and care services.
Dudley has always benefited from a strong history of partnership working between the NHS, local government, the wider public sector and local voluntary services. This has provided a strong foundation for our collective response to the impact of COVID -19. Over recent weeks colleagues from the CCG, primary care, community health services the Council and others have:-
- Worked with local community services to strengthen our end of life pathway;
- supported our local care homes;
- been redeployed to support the front line;
- carried out vital patient testing;
- developed new means by which patients can access services safely;
- opened up new facilities;
- used technology in a creative and innovative fashion;
- developed new relationships with local businesses to provide PPE.
We are entering a difficult phase in the management of the pandemic but we have learnt a number of important lessons which will serve us well as we prepare for the full recovery of local services and the tasks required to maintain the resilience of our community.